Gyokuro “Mare” preparation
Gyokuro is brewed in a small preheated teapot and enjoyed in small teacups. Gyokuro should preferably be brewed in high quality lime-free or filtered water.
- Use 8-10 grams of tea to 200-220 ml of water.
- Water temperature: 55-60ºc
- First brew: 120 seconds.
- Second brew: 20 seconds.
- Third brew: approx. 90 seconds.
You can enjoy the left over gyokuro leaves by eating them. We can recommend three serving suggestions for eating them on their own:
- With lemon and salt
- With a mix (1:1:1) soya sauce, rice vinegar, water
- With ponzu sauce (yuzu & soya sauce)
And as an extra suggestion you can add them to any salad of your liking for an umami/grassy kick